Words You'll Learn
- A stand up guy
- Good old times
- Christmas tree
- Fire place
- Christmas eve
- Egg nog
- Apple Cider
- Give it a kick
- National Lampoon's Christmas vacation (see here)
- Lava lamp (see here)
Words to Know
- Ayahuasca/yagé - Indigenous plant taken during spiritual rituals
- Tri boarder - Where three countries meet
- To make the most of the fact - take advantage of the situation
- Consumer holiday - a holiday that is based on people buying things they don't need
- Role Modal - a person who sets a good example for kids
- Frosty the snowman - a man made from snow who speaks
- Fuzz - thin body hair, often that of a man's beard
- Lap - the top part of your legs that can be used as a seat for other people
- White Christmas - a Christmas filled with snow
- Extended family - aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, in-laws etc...
- Immediate family - brother, sister, mum, dad
- Macho - to be very chauvinistic towards woman
- You're missing out - you're not experiencing something that's really good
- Ego trip - when you falsely think that you are the king of the worl
- A big thank you to everyone who came to the RealLife Christmas with Soul party
- RealLife English event in Rio - Learn More here
- Eduardo from Belo Horizonte! Thanks for hanging out with us :)
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: chad@reallifebh . com