Words to Know
- Disrupting - something that takes your attention away
- Vipassana - a technique of meditation taught by the Buddha. There are 10 day courses held in centers all over the world where you can learn the technique. More details.
- Pots and pans - used for cooking food on a stove [fire].
- Ecovillage - communities with the goal of becoming more socially, economically and ecologically sustainable.
- Da bomb - awesome, great, cool, amazing
- Polar bear - a bear with white fur that lives in very cold climates
- Parenthesis - (this is surrounded by parenthesis)
- Mellow - calm, tranquil
- Signature - when you write your name to verify that you agree with a document
- Trevor is now in Rio, we plan on starting the Real Life English Party there in October.
- The Real Life English Party XXVII in Belo Horizonte was a great success, we'll see you next time on September 7th.
- What is the difference between "that" and "which"?
- Happy as Larry
- John Hancock
- Any Tom, Dick, and Harry
- Jack of all trades
- Pandora's box
- How the Buddha can help you learn English
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Dramatic Song by Toby Turner