Words to Know
- Silky- Something made from silk, typical with lingerie
- Undergarments- Underwear
- Dope - Cool
- A bunch - A lot
- Reckless- To do something without caring about others safety
- Hatchet- A small ax used to cut down small trees
- Bury- Put something in a hole in the ground and cover with dirt
- Bearer of bad news- The person who holds bad news
- Blame- To accuse someone of something
- Drug money- Money made from selling drugs
- Break into- Enter somewhere using force of breaking doors
- On the bench- In sports, when a player is not on the field
- Wrap up- To finish
- In the flesh- In person
- Scottish- Someone from Scotland
- Pull a muscle- Hurt your musscle when doing physical activity
- RLE is MEGA DOPE! -- 5 star iTunes review (myonlinenglishteacher16 from the Philippines)
- Why do I see YET used as BUT?
- Dodge a bullet
- Bury the Hatchet
- Don’t Shoot the messenger
- Pull out the big guns
- Cross swords
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 10,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEJjtBouRA - Original Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6PEboTpcfI - Obama Version
Direct download: Podcast_28.mp3
-- posted at: 12:19pm -03