Click here to download in iTunes
[ podcast URL goes here (hyperlink) ]
Click here for 10 free podcasts and transcripts
Words to Know
- Rays - Short for "sun rays"
- Porch - the front of a house or building
- Chillin' out - slang for not doing much
- Gang - a group of people
- Insightful - smart
- Picnic - a meal eaten outdoors, usually at a park
- Guru - a spiritual teacher
- Açaí - a delicious Brazilian fruit
- Hatch - an opening allowing passage from one side to another
- Pour - to cause a liquid to flow out from a container
- Sorbet - a dessert containing frozen fruit, similar to ice cream
- Grammys - awards for music
- Emmys - awards for movies
- Sock - what you put on your feet before before your shoes
- Sleeves - the part of your shirt that touches your arm
- Expose - to make visible
- Speech - a discourse given to an audience
- Mess - something that is dirty or disorganized
- Fair weather friend - mentioned in Episode #17 - Expressions related to Weather
- All ears - paying complete attention
- Fire at - shoot at
- Taeko Araki, Blog comment
- Kumiko Kunii from Japan, 5 star iTunes revie
- Max Ahumada, comment from the Hangout
- What's the difference between "fast" "quick" and "rapid"? by Bob, @roledi, from Mexico City.
- Dressed to the nines
- To fit like a glove
- Caught with your pants down
- At the drop of a hat
- Under your belt
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 10,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Hip Hop Saved My Life by Lupe Fiasco