Click to download in iTunes
Words to Know
- Pets - animals that live in your house
- Feed - to give food to
- Concrete - a building material; what sidewalks are made of
- Asphalt - the black material that roads are made of
- Stick around - stay
- Wad up - what you do to a piece of paper to turn into a ball
- Crumpled up - same as above
- To iron - to remove wrinkles out of clothes (see photo)
- Eighths - to cut something into eight pieces
- Picnic - a meal outdoors
- Chestnut - a type of nut (see photo)
- Strict - following the rules exactly
- Tough guy - a strong, intimidating person
- Cave - a large underground chamber
- Overwhelmed - too much to handle/withstand
- Carpet - a floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric
- Rug - a floor covering of shaggy or woven material, generally not covering the entire floor
- Bin - trashcan
- Sweep - to clean by brushing away dirt or trash
- Broom - a long handled brush; what you use to sweep
- Playground - an outdoor area provided for kids to play, usually at a park or school
- Jungle gym - a structure of bars or other material for kids to play on
- Slippery - difficult to hold on or stand on because it's smooth, wet, or slimy
- Falling apart - breaking into little pieces
- The Real Life English Party is on Saturday, June 8th at Devassa in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, starting at 5pm. Click here for pictures of the last party.
- The Real Life Yoga Picnic is going to be on Sunday, June 9th, in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Be sure to attend because...
- Trevor is thinking about moving to Rio de Janeiro to start Real Life English parties and events there. If you have any advice for Trevor on where to stay, give him an email at Trevor @ reallifebh . com
- What is the difference between bring and take?
- To hold back
- Quit while you're ahead
- Cave in
- Sweep it under the carpet/rug
- Let it slide
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with teachers and learners from all over the world.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons