Words to Know
- Tease - something to tempt you to stay until the end of the podcast
- Shout outs - saying positive things to people who aren't with you
- Mic - (pronounced mike) short for microphone
- Such a shame - so unfortunate
- Bottom of my heart - with sincerity
- Step above - more advanced
- Fluke - an accident
- Dish - a dish with food. For example, what's your favorite dish?
- Chili - a tomato-based dish that generally has beans, corn, meat, and cheese. (see pic)
- Cut off - to separate completely with a knife.
- Play on words - A joke that uses words that have two meanings.
- Shawty, what's that word mean? by Laura Ruslan, Indonesia @Laurafadilah
- Larger than life
- Life's a bitch
- The best things in life are free
- That's the way the cookie crumbles
- Living life in the fast lane.
Practice your listening skills and learn English with Music LyricsTraining.com
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 4,500+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day in The Life by the Beatles