Click here for 10 free podcasts and transcripts
Words to Know
- Electrocuted - to be injured or killed by an electric shock
- Earbuds - headphones
- Stove - what you use to cook your food with fire
- Chopped - cut through the base of something
- Stick around - stay until the end
- Viral - the rapid spread of something on the internet
- Keep it up - continue doing a good job
- Postman - someone who delivers mail
- Poking - jabbing or prodding someone with something (usually your finger) (see photo)
- Rambling - talking about something in an unorganized and confusing manner.
- Shenanigans - mischief, playing around
- Mess up - to make a mistake
- Handlebars - what you use to steer/direct a bicycle/motorcycle
- Cracked - to break something without the parts completely separating
- Reinforce - strengthen or support
- What's the difference between "a little" and "a few"?
- To walk on egg shells/walk on thin ice
- Add fuel to the fire
- Blow a fuse
- Eat someone alive
- Give someone a piece of your mind
- How to best use this podcast to learn English
- Why is Santa so jolly (happy)?
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 4,500+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Believe by the Dirty Heads