Words You'll Learn
- Blind date
- Testing the waters
- a player
- Talk yourself up
- Drown out
Words to Know
- Yours truly - expression to reference yourself
- Apply - to candidate yourself
- Grant - money given to organizations to accelerate their work
- The shit - something that is really good (shit - something bad)
- Flirt - To make playfully romantic or sexual comments to someone
- Criteria - the requirements
- Brag - to say good things about yourself
- To take the floor - take control in explaining something
- Disclaimer - denial of responsibility or connection
- New Zealand - Country close to Australia where people have a funny accent
- The podcast fans Justin met at the RealLife Tripppin party in São Paulo - Fabiano Gomes, Valdomir Batista da Rocha, Gui Gênova and Adonis
- What's the difference between dating and seeing someone?
- Play the field
- Chat up
- Hook up
- Get turned down
- Learn with RealLife 1 minute videos. See here
- I always keep a picture of my wife and kids in my wallet because...
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Flight of the Concords - If you're in to
Return from Expressions ------- to Real Life English ESL Podcasts