Words You'll Learn
- On strike
- To get your fix
- Screen name
- To live under a rock
- Talking smack
Words to Know
Note: the definitions given are based on the context that they're used within the podcast.
- Bargain - to try and get a better deal
- Juvenile - young
- It's downhill - it just gets worse
- Made up - invented,
- Back in my day - when I was younger
- Tamed - animals suitable to have as pets
- Fired - what your company does to you when they no longer want you to work for them.
- Deadline - the time that something is needed to be completed.
- Clear up - remove any doubts
- Up-to-date - aware of what's currently happening
- Rag - an old, small towel that's used to clean
- Breeze - a small amount of wind
- Dr. Dre - a famous rapper/producer
- Castilhoft from Brazi
- 天天 from China
- Mvbpereira from Brazil
- How do you use and respond to "What's up?" including how NOT to say "what's up."
- Back to the wall
- Hit the roof
- Wipe the floor
- To sit on the fence
- House of cards
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
House of Cards by Radiohead