Words to Know
Braid- to tie hair together to make a thicker piece of hair
Pick up line- phrase used to attract a person you are interested in
Let someone down- to not fill expectations, disappoint
To kill something- to do a perfect job
Follow through with something- to do a job or task until you have finished without quitting
Deadline- to final time you have to finish something
Ask around- to ask many people the same question to get many opinions
Bumpy- turbulent, and unstable situation
All you can eat buffet- a buffet when you can eat as much as you want repetitive times
Staple- a small piece of metal used to hold pieces of paper together
Hardcore fan- fans who are really dedicated and don’t miss an episode
- RLE party in Belo Horizonte was awesome as normal
- The first RLE parties in Rio de Janeiro and Barcelona on the 19th of September
- Eduardo – Special shout out from RLE Podcast listener from Belo Horizonte
- What’s the difference between luggage, baggage, suitcase and duffle bag
- Put the pedal to the metal
- Whatever floats your boat
- Jump ship
- A rocky road
- Slippery slope
- To go to town (on something)
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Road Tripping
Return from Expressions ------- to Real Life English ESL Podcasts
Direct download: Podcast_number_35.mp3
-- posted at: 10:16pm -03