Words to Know
Kidnap – to steal a person
Ransom – money asked for when someone is kidnapped
Fleas – little bugs found on animals
Kick it off – to start with excitement
Blend – to mix and combine
Strict policy – rules that are taken very seriously
Map (Verb) – give structure to something and help you understand
Mediocre – something or someone very average or plain
Luxurious – things that represent wealth and are of high quality
Slack off – to be lazy and not work when you are supposed to
Dump someone – to end a relationship in a bad way
Suitable – appropriate and/or accurate
Cheesy – something of bad taste and/or out of style
The Boogeyman – a mythical character that lives in children’s closets
Stare down – look at someone in an intimidating way
- People are starting to help us organise the party
- New quotes competition - participate here
- Max is an administrator, Awww Yeahhh!!
- Average Joe
- Class act
- Cold as ice
- A cry baby
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 12,000+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
As Cold As Ice - Foreigner
Return from Expressions ------- to Real Life English ESL Podcasts